Nagercoil Corporation Mayor R. Mahesh launched an initiative today to collect unused items from households in Nagercoil and promote their reuse. The program encourages residents to gather items that are of no use to them in their homes and contribute them for recycling and reapplication.
The following facilities have been established in various locations to facilitate the collection of such items from households:
1. Vadacherry Perundhu Nilaiyam (Vadacherry Dumping Yard)
2. Veppamoodu Warehouse
3. Vattavalai Sanitary Inspector Office
4. Aasariplamam Sanitary Inspector Office
5. Veedut Vasathi Variya Sanitary Inspector Office
6. Krishnankovil Drinking Water Purification Unit
These specialized centers have been set up in different areas to effectively manage the initiative. Consequently, residents can now dispose of plastic products, expired medicines, batteries, old newspapers, and electronic waste in a responsible manner. The collected items will undergo recycling processes to ensure the cleanliness of the city.
For further details, individuals can contact via WhatsApp at 9487038984.